I suppose this is the part where I get to talk about myself like I don’t do that enough already. Fair warning, if asked, I will talk more about these:
- 👨💻 I’m Alex, but most of the internet knows me as “Laka”. I’ve passed 30, and I did collect 200$.
I occasionally tell people I live in London. That’s a lie! In fact, I rent a prohibitively tiny and expensive studio apartment in London, but I live mostly out of airports and train stations. My first home is LGW🛩!
- 🏄♂️After traveling around Asia for 9 months and living out of a suitcase in hotels and AirBnBs, I’ve moved to Bristol just before the pandemic hit. Because they have an artificial surf pool here.
- 🙊 I’ve spoken at several conferences in-between working in
the UKan airport lounge, such as OSCON, FOSDEM, MozFest, and others.
AdvocateAvocado 🥑 at Nexmo. That means I used to code for a living, but now I mostly just talk and write about coding for a living.
- 📰 Julia and I curate the Developer Avocados Weekly newsletter every Monday, for people who want to become (better) Developer Avocados.
- 🤪 I’ve built some silly things along the way, like puns.dev.
- 🦊 I like to volunteer, and I’ve been doing so for Mozilla since Firefox 4. I’m currently a Mozilla Tech Speaker and a Mozilla Reps Mentor.
- 💡 If you haven’t figured it out by now, I’m sarcastic AF, and self-irony is not entirely unknown to me.
If you want to follow me on twitter, I feel like we should set some ground rules, so here it goes:
- ✋ Tweets are mine and mine alone. Please don’t take your frustrations towards me out on some other poor soul.
- 🎭 I use twitter for myself and sometimes my work. This means you’ll see things about the places I speak at, the blog posts I write or find exciting and a bunch of stuff about my personal life.
- 🙋♂️ I also use twitter to ask for help, so you’ll see me asking about how to fix that damn CSS layout at 2am.
- 🏁 I live-tweet some of the talks I find interesting at the events I go to, threaded.
- 😳 I’m more than happy to apologize if I made a mess of things, so feel free to DM me and point that out.
As you’ve probably figured out by now, it’s all a bit random. This tweet best sums up my twitter interactions. If you’re cool with all this, then we can be Twitter friends. If not, we can be Linkedin friends. Maybe.