I suppose this is the part where I get to talk about myself, like I don’t do that enough already. Fair warning, if asked, I will talk more about these:
- 👨💻 I’m Alex but most of the internet knows me as “Laka”. I’m about to turn 30, so you might hear some drama about that later.
- 🏨 I ocasionally tell people I live in London. That’s a lie! In fact, I rent a prohibitively tiny and expensive studio apartment in London, but I live mostly out of airports and train stations. My first home is LGW🛩!
- 🙊 I’ve spoken at several conferences in-between working in
Londonan airport lounge, such as OSCON, FOSDEM, MozFest and others. You can see a full list on the events page.
AdvocateAvocado 🥑 at Nexmo. That means I used to code for a living, but now I mostly just talk and write about coding for a living.
- 🦊 I like to volunteer, and I’ve been doing so for Mozilla since Firefox 4. I’m currently a Mozilla Tech Speaker and a Mozilla Reps Mentor.
- 💡 If you haven’t figured it out by now, I’m sarcastic AF and self irony is not entirely unknown to me.
If you want to follow me on twitter, I feel like we should set some ground rules, so here it goes:
- ✋ Tweets are mine and mine alone. Please don’t take your frustrations towards me out on some other poor soul.
- 🎭 I use twitter for myself and sometimes my work. This means you’ll see things about the places I speak at, the blog posts I write or find interesting and a bunch of stuff about my personal life.
- 🙋♂️ I also use twitter to ask for help, so you’ll see me asking about how to fix that damn CSS layout at 2am.
- 🏁 I live tweet some of the talks I find interesting at the events I go to, threaded.
- 😳 I’m more than happy to apologise if I made a mess of things, so feel free to DM me and point that out.
As you’ve probably figured out by now, it’s all a bit random. This tweet best sums up my twitter interactions. If you’re cool with all this then we can be Twitter friends. If not, we can be Linkedin friends. Maybe.